How to Make Your Home Smell Like Fall
Fall is upon us, and it's time to infuse your home with the warm, cozy scents of the season. What better way to enhance your fall decor than by incorporating the natural aromas of essential oils into your creative projects? In this blog, we'll show you how to elevate your autumn ambiance with Hohm essential oils, turning ordinary decorations into aromatic delights.
Pine Cone Wreath with Cedarwood Essential Oil
A seasonal wreath is the perfect way to decorate your door, and you can make it that much better by adding pure essential oil. Welcome guests into your home with the sweet aroma of a fall forest.
• Grapevine wreath base
• Pine cones
• Burlap ribbon
• Hohm Cedarwood essential oil
2. Create a rustic bow using the burlap ribbon and attach it to the wreath with twine, leaving a loop at the top for hanging.
3. Place a 2–3 drops of rich, woodsy Cedarwood essential oil onto 5–7 pine cones around the wreath.
4. Hang your Cedarwood-scented pine cone wreath on your front door or any place that could use a touch of fall charm. The subtle, grounding scent will welcome you and your guests into your home with open arms.
Felt Garland with Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Spruce up your staircase or mantel with an autumnal garland that gives off the citrusy aroma of Sweet Orange essential oil.
• Felt balls in fall colors
• Cotton thread in a neutral color
• Hohm Sweet Orange essential oil
1. Measure out 5–6 feet of your cotton thread, depending on the space you’d like it to hang. Decide how low you’d like it to hang, and cut your thread to fit.
2. Thread your needle and pierce the center of a felt ball, stringing it onto the cotton thread.
3. Keep repeating until you have a full garland. Make sure to alternate colors for a festive fall look.You can space the felt balls out equally or make them flush together.
4. Once your garland is complete, lay it flat on a clean surface.
5. Take your Hohm Sweet Orange essential oil, and place a drop on every 3–4 felt balls, depending on how strong you’d like the scent to be.
6. Hang your scented felt ball garland to add a pop of color and a burst of fall citrusy fragrance.
Fall Potpourri Scenterpiece with Pumpkin Spice Essential Oil
The enchanting scent of this charming centerpiece will evoke the spirit of autumn and warm the hearts of your guests.
• A decorative bowl
• Dried apple slices
• Cinnamon sticks
• Mini pumpkins
• Hohm Pumpkin Spice essential oil
1. Arrange your applie slices, cinnamon sticks, cloves, pinecones, and mini pumpkins in your chosen decorative bowl or container. Get creative and mix textures and colors for an eye-catching display.
2. Place a few drops of Pumpkin Spice essential oil onto 2–3 cotton balls, depending on the size of your bowl and how strong you’d like the scent to be.
3. Hide the scented cotton balls within your arrangement, allowing the spicy-sweet aroma of Pumpkin Spice to infuse your centerpiece.
4. Display your fall-themed potpourri on your dining table, coffee table, or as a charming centerpiece for your Fall feast.
Time to Get Started
With Hohm Essential Oils, you can transform your fall decor into a sensory experience that captures the essence of the season. These simple DIY projects will not only fill your home with the comforting scents of Cedarwood, Sweet Orange, and Pumpkin Spice but will also elevate your fall decorations to a whole new level of cozy elegance. Get creative, get crafting, and embrace the magic of fall with Hohm essential oils!