Spring is in the air! Flowers are bursting from the ground, and the sun is peeking out from behind winter clouds. It’s time to trade in scarves for sandals and coats for short sleeves. Along with refreshing your wardrobe, it’s also a great time to refresh your spaces. Essential oils are a natural way to capture your favorite florals and citruses to brighten your home, office, or car. These essential oil DIYs are a creative way to embrace spring wherever you go!
DIY Garbage Can Deodorizer
Your trash bin can be home to all sorts of unpleasant aromas, and spring is the perfect time to give your kitchen a bit of a refresh. Kick nasty smells to the curb with this DIY garbage can deodorizer.
- Glass Spray Bottle
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water
- 15 drops Hohm Persian Lime Essential Oil
- 15 drops Hohm Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1. Pour two tablespoons of vinegar and 1/2 cup of distilled water into your glass spray bottle. Be sure to use a glass spray bottle because pure essential oils are powerful enough to break down plastic.
- 2. Add 15 drops of Persian Lime essential oil and 15 drops of Peppermint essential oil.
- 3. Shake well and spritz the bottom of your trash can a couple of times before you put in a new garbage bag. Make sure to let the bin air dry for a minute or two before putting in a new bag.
- 4. Enjoy the fresh, springtime scent!
DIY Spring Linen Spray
If you’re pulling your spring wardrobe out of storage, you know it can end up smelling like your dusty attic or basement from the months it has sat there. Breathe new life into your clothes with this DIY linen spray!
- 4 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- 1 tablespoon Witch Hazel
- 20 drops Hohm Lavender Essential Oil
- Distilled Water
- 1. Fill the glass spray bottle with Witch Hazel and Lavender essential oil.
- 2. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
- 3. Shake well before each use, and spray lightly over your blouses, skirts, and dresses as desired.
- 4. Take the scent of spring blossoms with you wherever you!
DIY Surface Refresher
Brighten your spaces with an herby, citrus scent! This surface refresher is the perfect way to bring a little sunshine into your kitchen and bathroom.
- Glass Spray Bottle
- 1 cup Distilled Water
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 10 drops Hohm Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Hohm Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1. Fill the glass spray bottle with distilled water and vinegar.
- 2. Add Tea Tree and Sweet Orange essential oils.
- 3. Shake well before each use and spray on your kitchen or bathroom counters.
- 4. Breathe in the clean, bright scent all over your home!